Sunday, December 21, 2014

Maya API: Setup Maya Plugin Wizard

I always got trouble to setup my Visual Studio for Maya C++ API. I saw couple different tutorials teaching how to setup, but some are over complex.

So, here I introduce a simple way. Hope it will help you step into Maya API world.
  • Go to your Maya directory, there is a pluginwizard fold underneath devkit folder, inside you should have MayaPluginWizard2.0.zip and MayaWizardReadme.txt

  • Extract MayaPluginWizard2.0.zip, you will get a MayaPluginWizard folder, inside of the folder, you should have MayaPluginWizard folder, MayaPluginWizard.ico,  MayaPluginWizard.vsdirMayaPluginWizard.vsz


  • Go to your Visual Studio directory, there is VCWizards folder underneath VC folder, copy the top MayaPluginWizard folder to here


  • Go to vcprojects folder, which is also underneath VC folder, copy MayaPluginWizard.ico,  MayaPluginWizard.vsdirMayaPluginWizard.vsz to here.

  • Use text editor to open MayaPluginWizard.vsz, and make sure the VsWizardEngine version number matches your Visual Studio version number. The default is 10.0. For example, my Visual Studio is 11.0, so I need to change here.

  • Once these all set up, you should be ready to go. Open your Visual Studio, and create a new C++ project, you will see Maya Plug-in Wizard

No comments:

Post a Comment